Friday, July 20, 2012

First Foods, Bad Foods, and Sad News

We went back to the pediatrician today to finish our appointment that didn't go so well. I wanted to talk to Kelly about solids and she mentioned that it'd be fine to start her on rice cereal.

Let me inform you that I'm not a holistic person. However, I do enjoy healthy foods and try to sneak veggies or fish in when my husband isn't looking.

Arming myself with knowledge on good baby food, I am excited to start Faith on brown rice this weekend. I plan to make it into a fine powder using our Magic Bullet system and then cook it. Adding in formula to make it (hopefully) more palatable for her.
------------
In other news, I have completely botched dinner tonight. I'm usually really good at just throwing this or that into the slow cooker and it coming out amazing. Yeah, not tonight. I put in egg noodles, frozen chicken breast, chicken broth, frozen corn, and frozen peas, along with spices. Set on high to cook for three hours. I just checked it and it's nasty.

The noodles are mush, the chicken is bland, there's too much water, and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm thinking about just taking the chicken and veggies out and starting all over - on the stove. If we could afford it, I'd probably be all about just dumping it out completely. Yum.
-------------

Daniel's birthday was Wednesday and we're going to see The Dark Knight Rises tomorrow at 10:40 AM because parents of a 4-month-old are just that awesome. Don't worry, we'll drop her off at the farm beforehand.

My heart goes out to the ones who lost somebody during the Aurora, CO, theater shooting. I believe demons are real and are really using people to do Satan's work. Please pray for the survivors and the young man who decided to take so many lives. My Lord loves him the same that he loves all of us. I just wish others could see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment