Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Easy DIY Scrapbook with Wedding Cards

My least favorite thing is throwing away beautiful greeting cards. I will keep them in bags or boxes that the presents came with and then after about 2 years, or when I finally need the bag to wrap a present (recycling!), then I finally throw them away. I just couldn't do that with our wedding cards, so I found a solution inspired by my lack of beautiful script,  lack of a printer (to print captions), and lack of funds (to buy a Shutterfly photobook).  Scrapbook my cards! 
Another thing I used was a coffee table book that I got from a bridesmaid that had beautiful wedding quotes in it but I would never read or display, so I cut up the pages in that, too.
MATERIALS:
Scrapbook (ours was a wedding present from my mom's talented cousin)
Spray adhesive
Menagerie of  wedding cards
Scissors
Wedding photos
Wedding quote book


I just have photos of the finished project, none of the making. I did this one day while our honeymoon baby was sleeping, so I was rushing and didn't think to take "during" shots.
The cards that had really intricate pictures, I cut into the pictures and used them almost as a frame for the photos. It was pretty tricky but turned out alright. 
I wish I had more handwritten notes to us in the cards but I must have lost those or not gotten any because when I was making this, I didn't find them.
The spray adhesive I used was just to reinforce the pictures or cards when they were placed on top of each other since the scrapbook pages were already sticky.


Hopefully you kept your wedding cards or plan to! I love reading the wedding quotes when looking at our pictures. It brings back the emotions of the day.
Blessings,
Kirsti 

No comments:

Post a Comment