Tuesday, August 14, 2012

5 Month Update (lots of pictures)

We've made it to 5 months!

As I write that opening sentence, I'm trying to comprehend how tired I am... Today was the first day of school where I work. My kids are great but going from teacher to mom is hard to transition psychologically.

Moving forward! As a teacher, I really like to go over my goals and reevaluate for my next time period. Wooo!

Continue teaching her the signs for: MILK, MOM, DAD
Survive a 25-hour drive to Sanibel Island, FL, with my family
Survive a 7-hour plane trip from FL - MO
Visit the beach for the first time
Visit a pool for the first time
Scoot more efficiently
Sit for longer periods of time


We did a great job meeting all of our goals! Faith no longer needs to sit with her hands supporting her and can sit for a long period of time. 

She has been scooting wonderfully - even taking a crawl step every now and then.
Showing off her muscles!

She loved the pool and the beach!
Aunt Karla and Fifi on her first trip to the beach!
In her life-vest that was a boy's and too big! 
My dad and mom with Faith in the ocean. Mom knitted her sunhat that I am absolutely in love with!
Our last night at the beach. Dad got a great shot of Faith throwing up!

His favorite grandbaby!
The plane was a successful trip.  She only slept for 2 20-minute naps, but we survived.
At this point, anything counts as a chew toy.
So thankful for my dad to be on the same flight!
Waiting for our luggage so patiently. I have the most tolerant baby ever!

She doesn't sign yet - it's normal for her to not sign back until after 6 months - but when I say and sign milk she laughs and flaps her arms!


Some things I want to make for goals for 6 months are to :

Continue working on signs for MILK 
Start crawling
Be on at least two fruits and two vegetables 


And that's all I can think of right now. I'm surprised I got out a somewhat successful post considering how mushy my brain is right now. I'm going to snuggle with my husband and mindlessly watch The Office. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment