Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pass the peas, please!


We have moved on to our 2nd veggie! I decided to go with peas because they're packed with nutrients and are more starchy than other vegetables in stage one and Faith needs more substance - since we took out the brown rice because of her allergic reaction.

First, I gave her a serving of squash (I asked Daniel to give her one at lunch - and he didn't) to mainly make sure she would eat something she liked - just in case the peas backfired. Then, we cooked up some frozen peas and tried 'em out! (Recipe at the bottom of the post)

She's a champion jumper!

The anticipation! (note the leftover squash to help her get used to the new veggie)

Not quite sure what is in my mouth...

Maybe I'll take some more!

Gobbling it up!


I'm clearly not quick enough for her.

Mmmmm!

Who wants to lick the spoon??

Faith is done and Mommy gets the leftovers! Yummm!
By the end of dinner, she had 3 servings (including her 1 squash)! I think she definitely needs to start eating at lunch. Now, I just need to nag Daniel some more until he does it.


Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup water

Boil 1C of water and add peas. Bring back to a 2nd boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes (less of tougher, more for smushier). Drain and rinse.

Put a small amount into the Magic Bullet and add about half as much water as you did peas into the cup. Blend for 30-40 seconds and check consistency. I added a little more water and then blended about 40 more seconds to get it very smooth.

Some suggest to strain the hulls of the peas, but I didn't want to waste food so I just decided to add more water and blend in small amounts.


No comments:

Post a Comment