Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sisterly Love


Yesterday, I didn't want to wash my hair before work. I have a thing about Fridays. They're pony-tail days. The bad thing about this Friday? Well, since my aunt did an amazing job cutting my hair in Florida, I still haven't master the ponytail and what to do with my bangs. So I got brave, pulled some inspiration from Karla and decided to french-braid my bangs. Just to get the approval from the master, I sent my sissy a picture after I got to work.

Not bad for wearing my first self-braid!
Her reply?
Much more professional than mine!


Yep. 2 sisters. 2 states. 1 hairstyle on the the same day.

This got me to thinking. I miss my sister. Since she moved across the country, it's made me appreciate the bond that we have.

Don't get me wrong, my brother is an amazing young man. He is kind-hearted, helpful and great with Faith. Besides, he was everything my parents wanted in a farmhand so Karla and I didn't have to do anything. :)

Then I started thinking, I really hope God gives Faith a sister someday. I want her to get to experience having a best friend that you can fight and make-up with in very short periods... Well, they get shorter as we've gotten older. Fights used to last quite a while when we were younger. Especially over clothes. Now I see her in my clothes and I just let it go because it looks better on her!

I'm so grateful for my sister, brother, and family. Having started my own has been the biggest blessing and I'm excited for it to expand, Lord willing, in a few years. :)


Oh, and... Someone's ready to crawl very soon!!!!


Why am I always naked, Mom?
Because Faith, then you don't ruin your clothes with your slobber.



No comments:

Post a Comment