Saturday, August 11, 2012

Solids Update - and Help!

When I first started on her brown rice cereal, I took a short hiatus because of a reaction .. in her diaper.. I'll leave it at that. I chalked it up to being something she caught at daycare because it was happening the morning before I gave her the rice. 

Last night, I gave it another go. Once again, she absolutely loved the rice cereal and had a great time trying to "feed" herself. I thought that we were well on our way to trying some great foods - squash, carrots, pears, bananas.

Alas... overnight, Faith had a terrible time falling asleep. Thinking it was just because she took one five-hour nap, instead of 2 3-hour naps,  I just gave her some extra TLC until she finally went down at 9:15 - nearly 3 hours after I started her bath. 

Around 10:30 or so, she woke up screaming and crying. This had never happened and Daniel started getting really weird. Something told me to just pray before going in and getting her so I prayed, "Please Lord, let her mind rest, let her body calm down, and fall back to sleep." By the time I was done praying, Faith had put herself back to sleep. She did the same thing at least 3 more times throughout the night. I watched her sleep, too, and she had her knees pulled up really tight against her chest while she laid on her tummy. I felt so sad for her discomfort.

Overall, I'd call this an allergic reaction. Especially since she woke up with a cough and stuffy nose.I don't know what to think about her being allergic to something simple like rice and because of her taking 32 ounces of formula (the max. daily amount) and sometimes still seeming hungry, I don't really see a way to take her off solids completely.  

There's also this 4-day-wait rule that I'm 'supposed' to follow but I already know that this food is bad for her, so can I move her on to the next one, since she's obviously hungry for food? Help if you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment